Vol. 22 / No. 1 / Published : 2006-01
Original Article :
Identification of Specific Protein Fraction of Adult and Juvenile Stage of Fasciola spp
Identifikasi Fraksi Protein Spesifik Excretory-Secretory Fasciola spp Stadium Dewasa dan Juvenil
- Sri Mumpuni Sosiawati --> Bagian Parasitologi, Fakultas Kedokteran Hewan, Universitas Airlangga, Surabaya / -
- Sri Subekti B.S --> Bagian Parasitologi, Fakultas Kedokteran Hewan, Universitas Airlangga, Surabaya / -
- Kusnoto --> Bagian Parasitologi, Fakultas Kedokteran Hewan, Universitas Airlangga, Surabaya
The use of crude protein antigen to diagnose of distomatosis is actually not specific, because this type of antigen consists of various proteins that could be recognized by antibody against other worms. Therefore, it is necessary to isolate and characterize a specific protein in order to produce a pure protein which has high sensitivity and specifisity for diagnostic purpose. In this research protein originated from excretory-secretory (ES) of Fasciola spp was characterized based on the binding protein and anti-Fasciola antibodies. Identification of ES protein originated from of Fasciola spp were performed by the reaction of pure protein and polyclonal antibodies. In the first step, the adult flukes (Fasciola spp) were incubated in RPMI medium for producing ES protein. This protein was identified by SDS-PAGE with silver stain. The second step, this protein transferred to nitrocellulose membrane that was used trans blotter and reacted with polyclonal antibodies anti-Fasciola spp then visualized by goat-anti mouse conjugate and Western blue staining. The results of the research showed: 1). There were found many types of protein fractions ES Fasciola spp, ie. in the MR 130, 108, 91, 74, 58, 52, 45, 40, 35, 32, 28, 27, 25, 18, 15, 8 kDa; and 2). There were identified specific protein which showed 12 protein bounds with different molecular weight, proteins with molecular weight (MW) 130, 108, 58, 45, 40, 35, 26, 27, 25, 18, 15 and 8 kDa.
- EH Abdel-Rahman, (2000). Molecular identity of major cross-reactive adult antigens in Fasciola gigantica, Toxocara vitulorum and Moniezia expanza. - : J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 30(2)
- EH Abdel-Rahman, (2000). Structural characterization dan immunocatalization of egg antigens cross-react with Toxocara vitulorum, Fasciola gigantica and Moniezia expanza. - : J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 30(2)
- S Cornevale, (2001). Immunodiagnosis of fasciolosis using recombinant pro cathepsin L cystein protease. - : Diag microbiol Infect Dis. 41(1-2)
- SE Estuningsih, (2003). Antigen Fasciola gigantica. Workshop Pengembangan Diagnostik Fasciolosis dengan ELISA untuk Deteksi Cathepsin L. Bogor : Balai Penelitian Veteriner
- EN Harlow, (1998). Antibodies. USA : A Laboratory Manual Cold Spring Harbour Laboratory
- KP Jithendran, (1999). Epidemiology of parasitoses in dairy animals in the North West Humid Himalayan Region of India with particular reference to gastrointestinal nematodes. . - : Trop Anim Health Prod; 31(4)
- Kusnoto, (2003). Isolasi dan karakterisasi protein imunogenik larva stadium II Toxocara cati isolat lokal. Surabaya : Thesis, Pascasarjana, Universitas Airlangga
- S Kusumamihardja, (1986). Parasit dan Parasitosis pada Hewan Ternak dan Hewan Piaraan di Indonesia. Bogor : PAU Bioteknologi, IPB
- ND Levine, (1978). Texkbook of Veterinary Parasitology. Yongyakarta : Burgers Publishing Company. Diterjemahkan oleh: Ashadi G. 1990. Wardiarto Ed. Yogyakarta, Gajah Mada University Press.
- FA Rantam, (1997). Bornavirus and cells culture. Isolation infections Bornavirus from human and animal and their characterization. Berlin : Diss. Vet. Med. FV – Berlin.
- TW Spitill, (1999). Depelopment of vaccines against Fasciola hepatica. - : In: Fasciolosis (J.P. Dalton Ed) CAB International.
- Tolan, (2003). Fascioliasis. - : eMedicine Instant Access to the Minds of Medicine.
Volume : / No. : / Pub. :