ISSN : Lama 0216-2407, Baru 2086-7050
Vol. 14 / No. 4 / Published : 2001-10
TOC : 1, and page :1 - 12
Original Article :
Konflik Dayak-Madura di Kalimantan Tengah: Melacak Akar Masalah dan Tawaran Solusi
Conflicts of Dayaks and Madurese in Central Kalimantan: Finding a problem and reconciliation
- Ruslikan -->
Conflicts between two ethnic groups of Dayaks and Madurese in Central Kalimantan, especially in Sampit areas, have up to now been unresolved by the government (central as well as regional government). This mirrors the difficulties of reconciliation of ethnical conflicts, which do and may threaten social harmony as well as national integration. Many people in central Kalimantan society have actually proposed a solution to overcome the conflict, although it is still not impartial. In the agreement between the mass leaders of Central Kalimantan on 17 March 2001, in principle they agreed to relocate Madurese fugitives into places out of Central Kalimantan areas, and its operation should completely be organized by the centra government. The above proposal seems to be sufficiently extreme, hard, and tough, that not all of the parties concerned could admit it with relief. Another formula, which is more impartial for the reconciliation of the above conflict with relatively lower social expenses, should be proposed. Settlement for the above dispute should be formulated jointly by the government (national and regional) sitting around the same table with the understanding and find the best solution for both parties. This paper proposes a pattern of practical solution for the above conflict as follows: (a) settlement is entrusted to an independent institution with members consisting of mass leaders representing both parties in dispute, intellectuals, credible figures from the government (central and regional), facilitated fully by the state, (b) intellectual actors behind the conflict must be arrested and brought to court, law supremacy must be maintained, and safety must be secured, (c) economic assets in forms of land, dwellings, and other properties of the people in dispute must entirely be arranged or settled to be cleaned (?), and (d) continued building of the importance of peaceful life between any ethnic groups, especially to grass root society.
Daftar Pustaka :
- Syarif Ibrahim Alqdrie, (1990). Pembangunan, Ketergantungan, dan Kesadaran Etnik: Perspektif Teoretis dan Realita,” Jurnal Ilmu Politik, No 10. :
- Saafroedin Bahar, (1997). Elit dan Etnik serta Negara Nasional, Prisma, No. 4, Tahun XXVI. :
- Fredrik Barth, (1988). Kelompok Etnik dan Batasannya. Jakarta : UI-Press
- Michel Decerteau, (1997). Culture in Plural. Minneapolis : University of Mennesota Press
- Larry Diamond, (1994). Nationalism, Ethnic Conflict, and Democracy. Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Marc F. Flattner, (1994). Nationalism, Ethnic Conflict, and Democracy. Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Heru Nugroho, (1999). Konstruksi SARA, Kemajemukan, dan Demokrasi, Jurnal Ilmu-ilmu Sosial UNISIA, No 40/XXII/IV/1999. :
- Usman Pelly, (1993). Pengukuran Intensitas Potensi Konflik dalam Masyarakat Majemuk, Analisis CSIS, No 3, Tahun XXII, Mei-Juni 1993.. :
- nn nn, (2001). Konflik Etnik Sampit: Kronologi, Kesepakatan Aspirasi Masyarakat, Analisis, dan Saran. Palangkaraya : Presidium LMMDD-KT
- nn nn, (2001). Usul Penyelesaian Jalan Tengah Islah/Konsolidasi dari Masyarakat Daerah Kalimantan Tengah. Palangkaraya : Presidium LMMDD-KT
- Ruslikan Ruslikan, (1999). Sekolah di Masyarakat Pedalaman: Kajian Fenomenologi Pengadopsian Sekolah di Kalangan Suku Dayak Ngaju Kalimantan Tengah. Disertasi tidak dipublikasikan . Surabaya : Program Pascasarjana Universitas Airlangga
- Selo. Soemardjan, (2001). Konflik Antar suku di Indonesia . Jakarta : Yayasan Ilmu-ilmu Sosial.
- Parsudi Suparlan, (2000). Kerusuhan Sambas, Jurnal Polisi Indonesia, No 2, Tahun 2, April-September 2000. :