ISSN Lama 0216-2407, Baru 2086-7050
Vol. 24 / No. 1 / Published : 2011-01
TOC : 2, and page :6 - 16
Original Article :
Otonomi Negara dan Konsolidasi Demokrasi di Indonesia: Implementasi Politik Kekuasaan Pusat dalam Pelaksanaan Otonomi Daerah
The autonomy of the state and consolidation of democracy in indonesia: the implementation of political power centers within the implementation of regional autonomy
- Asrinaldi A --> Jurusan Ilmu Politik, FISIP, Universitas Andalas, Padang / email@example.com.
- Mohammad Agus Yusoff --> Program Sains Politik, Universitas Kebangsaan , Malaysia
Scholars debate about the state's role in the implementation of democracy is inevitable. Inone aspect, the role of the state is considered dislocate the process of democracy and itshould be minimized. On the other aspect, that the state's role is needed because it cancontrol the process of democratic consolidation, especially in a pluralistic society. Thisarticle analyzes the centralized political power in the implementation of regional autonomy inIndonesia. The main argument in this article is the state should not restrict its role in theregional autonomy practice. Instead, the state must be present in the democracy process tobecome conducive. The main focus of this article is to answer the question how thecentralized political power conducted on regional autonomy practice in Indonesia? Thisarticle use qualitative research approach with grounded theory method to analysis thequestion research above. The centralized political power is one part of the state autonomy tosupervise the implementation of local democracy. The centralized political power can befound in Law No.32/2004 which aims to reduce the negative impact of regional autonomy.Meanwhile, under Law 22/1999, the implementation of the centralized political power cannotbe found so that regional autonomy was implemented threaten political stability and nationalintegration. Political power is the central substance of the nature of state autonomy thatcomes along with the establishment of the country. If the state is autonomous, then the statecan perform its function properly. At the end of this article concludes that the centralizedpolitical power becomes an important condition for a country in implementing localdemocracy. Implementation of this centralized political power aimed at ensuring the stateinterests in society to be achieved, especially to complete public welfare compliant with theobjectives of regional autonomy.
Daftar Pustaka :
- Bertrand, J, (2004). Nationalism and Ethnic Conflict in Indonesia.. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press
- BPS, (2003). Statistik Indonesia 2004. Jakarta : Biro Pusat Statistik
- BPS, (2007). Statistik Indonesia 2007. Jakarta : Biro Pusat Statistik
- Herbst, JI, (2000). States and Power in Africa: Comparative Lessons in Authority and Control. Princeton NJ : Princeton University Press.
- Pramuka, G, (2007). Masalah Birokrasi sebagai Pelayanan Publik. Surabaya : Jurnal Masyarakat, Kebudayaan, dan Politik 20(1)