Vol. 1 / No. 2 / Published : 2012-01
TOC : 5, and page :105 - 114
Original Article :
The Influence of Adult Romantic Attachment Style on the Tendency of Conducting Dating Violence
Pengaruh Gaya Kelekatan Romantis Dewasa (Adult Romantic Attachment Style) terhadap Kecenderungan untuk Melakukan Kekerasan Dalam Pacaran
- Nessia Ragil Trifiani --> - / email@example.com
- Margaretha --> Fakultas Psikologi / firstname.lastname@example.org
The phenomenon of dating violence shows increasing prevalence lately. It is very significant problem because of timing and long-term effects. Attachment theory suggest that violence in intimate relationships is not a cognitive act; it is non-conscious, manifestation of an insecure attachment style (Smeltzer, 2009). This study investigeted whether adult romantic attachment style (avoidant and anxiety) influence on the tendency of conducting dating violence. This study used 68 high school student in Surabaya (47 boys). Regression hierarchical is used to analyzed the data. The result shows that anxiety attachment impact significantly to the involvement of dating violence while avoidant attachment is not significant. The contextual factor, that is caregiving culture, is needed to explain the tendency of conducting dating violence. The result can be used for future research of relationship of attachment and dating violence.
- D A Wolfe, (2005). Abuse and violence in adolescent girls’ dating relationships. New York : Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers
- Zevalkink, (1999). Attachment in the Indonesian caregiving context. - : Social Development, 8, 21-40.
- Smeltzer, (2009). Exploring intimate partner violence through the lens of modern attachment theory (Thesis). Massachussets : Smith College School for Social Work