Detail Article

Journal of Basic Medical Veterinary

ISSN 2302-6820

Vol. 4 / No. 1 / Published : 2015-06

Order : 2, and page :7 - 12

Related with : Scholar   Yahoo!   Bing

Original Article :

The effect combination of guava leaf (psidium guajava l.) and sambiloto leaf (andrographis paniculata) on total and diffcount leucocyte of mice (mus musculus) exposed to heat stress

Author :

  1. Andi Rulita Hadi*1
  2. Dewa Ketut Meles*2
  3. Rudy Sukamto Setiabudi*3
  1. Mahasiswa Fakultas Kedokteran Hewan
  2. Dosen Fakultas Kedokteran Hewan
  3. Dosen Fakultas Kedokteran Hewan

Abstract :

This research was conducted to determine the effect of combination of guava leaf  (Psidium guajava L.) and sambiloto leaf (Andrographis paniculata) extract in maintaining the body immunity against heats stress exposure. Flavonoid active compound consisted in guava leaf (Psidium guajava L.) and andrographolide in sambiloto leaf (Andrographis paniculata) are substances that serve as immunomodulator. The experimental animals used are 30 male mice with 25 gram average body weight. The treatment were divided into 5 groups and each group got 6 repetitions. (K-) as control was treated with vehivulum, P1 was treated with combination of 75% guava and 25% sambiloto extract, P2 was treated with combination of 50% guava and 50% sambiloto extract, P3 was treated with combination of 25% guava and 75% sambiloto extract. Each treatment was given perorally with the dose of 0,5 ml/mice/day. The treatment were given for 10 days and were exposed to heat stress on 8 until 10 days. The parameters used total and leucocyte count shown in each treatment. The experimental design used in this study was completely random design (CRD). The data were analized using ANOVA (Analysis of Variance) continued with honesty significant difference test with significance of 5%. The result showed that there is significant effect from the therapy on the total and leucocyte count especially to neutrofil, limfosit and monosit. The treatment from P3 group showed the best result in maintaining the total of leucocyte in mice exposed to heat stress.      

Keyword :

guava, sambiloto, leucocyte, heat stress,

References :

Bouchama, A. and Knochel J.P. ,(2002) Heart Stroke. 346 (25): 1978-1998. : New England Journal Medicine.

Chao, W. dan B.F. Lin. ,(2010) Isolation and Indetification of Bioactive Compounds in Androgrphis pani¬culata (Chuanxinlian). 5: 1-15. : Chin. Med. J.

Lakshmi,(2009) Screening of Psidium guajava Leaf Extracts for Antistress Activity in Different Experimental Animal Models. 1(6): 359-366. : Pharmacognosy research,

Archive Article

Cover Media Content

Volume : 4 / No. : 1 / Pub. : 2015-06
  1. Anthelmintic Activity Of Bermuda Grass (cynodon Dactylon) Ethanol Extract On Ascaridia Galli By In Vitro
  2. The Effect Combination Of Guava Leaf (psidium Guajava L.) And Sambiloto Leaf (andrographis Paniculata) On Total And Diffcount Leucocyte Of Mice (mus Musculus) Exposed To Heat Stress
  3. Effect Of Meniran (phyllanthus Niruri, Linn.) Infusion On White Pulp Spleen Diameter Of Vibrio Anguillarum Infected Gouramy Fish
  4. Dipping Of Meniran Infusion (phyllantus Niruri) On Gourame (osphronemus Gouramy) Infected With Vibrio Anguillarum Toward The Level Of Hemoglobin, Packed Cell Volume And Number Of Erythrocytes
  5. Effect Of Propolis Toward The Number And Type Of Blood Leucocyte Count Of Male Mice (mus Musculus)
  6. Effect Of Cigarette Smoke On Type Ii Pycnotic Cells At Intralveolar Septa Of Mice Treated By Aromatherapy Extract Of Hibiscus Sabdariffa Calyx
  7. Immunomodulator Effect Of Sambiloto (andrographis Paniculata) To Total And Differential Counting Of Leucocytes In Mice (mus Musculus) Exposed To Heat Stress
  8. Effect Of Guava Leaves (psidium Guajava L.) Extract On Total And Differential Count Of Leucocytes In Mice (mus Musculus) Exposed To Heat Stress
  9. Most Probable Number (mpn) Of Escherichia Coli Isolated From Water Used By The Food Vendors Around Campus Of Veterinary Medicine Faculty Of Airlangga University
  10. Leukocyte Count And Differential Leukocyte Count Of African Catfish (clarias Gariepinus) After Infected By Aeromanas Hydrophila
  11. A Method Of The Collection Of Data Comparison Immunohisto¬chemistry Use Photoshop Cs5© With The Convensional Scoring Method In An Antigen Quantification Of The Virus And To The Lungs Of H5n1 Antigen Chtlia Chicken
  12. Mozart Classical Music Phenomenon : Study Histology Gyrus Of The Brain As Reflection Of Intelligentsia In The Mus Musculus